Richmond Community Learning Centre depends on volunteers for the effective running of the centre. We seek community-minded volunteers who care about people from all ages, backgrounds and life circumstances. If this is you and you have the skills and interest to contribute to RCLC according to our mission and purpose then contact us.
Currently, we’re looking for volunteers for specific roles – but if you’d like to offer help in another area, be sure to give us a call or complete our volunteer Interest Form so that we can keep you on file for any future opportunities that may arise throughout the year
Volunteer Positions Available:
- Playgroup Helper – Assist our Monday morning Playgroup at The Cubby House. Every Monday during school terms. Help our facilitator set up, run activities and pack up.
- Cheeky Chook Crew – A weekly commitment of 15 minutes. Some examples of Chook Crew duties include making sure there’s fresh water, enough food and some food scraps, cleaning the shed, letting the chooks out to roam in the morning and making sure they are all back in the shed in the evening. Oh…and collecting lovely fresh eggs which the Chook Crew get to keep 🙂
- Richmond Repair Corner – Help our monthly repair sessions by joining as a volunteer fixer or host. We are also looking for someone who can make bags from pre-loved fabric and can teach others how to do it too!
- Richmond Repair Corner Coordinator -Lead, engage and support the repair crew and our monthly repair sessions.
- Burnley Fruit Squad – Join the squad as a fruit picker or register your fruit tree. The Burnley Fruit Squad will haverst fruit from trees around Richmond and distribute them
- Burnley Fruit Squad Coordinator – be in charge of communication within the group, linking our harvesters with tree owners, manage the harvest roster and maintain data on successful harvests
- Marketing and Communications Assistant – Support the development of communications plans for RCLC. The role will involve developing appropriate web content and promoting our activities using social media and other strategies. Must be available to meet weekly for 2-3 hours at our office in Studio 1 (15 Barnet way, Richmond). Editing and Uploading work can then be done from home or using our facilities.
- Events Assistant – Assist and support with a variety of tasks including the arranging and delivering of events, promoting and marketing events within budget limits, assist with the setting up of events, apply OH&S to situations, use computer systems to follow project goals and tasks, and communicate to build positive relationships with stakeholders
- Gardener – Lead a small team of volunteers focusing on developing and maintaining an edible garden at Burnley Backyard. We will welcome suggestions for improvements and new ideas for the garden.
- Facilitation of a workshop/program – We are always looking for facilitators who are interested in developing and running community workshops/programs. Contact us if you have an idea you would like to discuss.
Or contact Oren on: 9428 9901 or email
Overall Centre Management
Committee of Management members: vacancies on our COM are available for people to join this community-focused team that oversees the Operations for both The Cubby House and Burnley Backyard. For further information or to chat, please contact us.
The Cubby House volunteer team: If you are the parent of a youngster, interested or studying early learning, looking for babysitting work, or simply a local keen to help out at the centre please get in touch with us.
Burnley Backyard is a partnership with the Richmond Community Garden Group who are managing the rental plots. You don’t have to rent a plot to get your hands dirty though. There will also be plenty of opportunities to plant, sow and harvest in the communal garden spaces, so if you would like more information about gardening activities at the Backyard, contact us.