Working with Timber – Midweek Course (Term 1, 2019)
See details below for this fantastic pre-accredited Learn Local course. Places are limited.
A 10-week course (2.5 hours session each week).
Wednesdays, 5.30pm – 8pm. From 30th January to 3rd of April.
Where: Burnley Backyard (49 Tudor St, Richmond 3121)
The course will provide students with an introduction to working with tools (conventional tools, hand-held power tools, as well as some standalone power tools) and working with timber. It will include theory and practice and provide students with pathways into a range of training and employment options, as well as a great learning space for people who want to learn woodwork as a hobby.
What will you learn
- Recognise and name basic hand held tools and power tools
- Understand the safe and appropriate use of these tools, and how to maintain them
- How to mark and measure in a precise way
- About simple joinery techniques and assembly
- How to plan and draw a project
- About different finishing and sanding techniques
Full Price: $110, Concession $90
(ACFE Tuition Fee: $25, Amenities: $85/$65 (concession))
Interested in doing this course but can’t make these dates? Email us to get information on any new course dates 🙂
Out of stock