Working with Timber – Term 4
We’re happy to announce this fantastic pre-accredited Learn Local course will be running again in Term4. Places are limited.
A 9-week course (A 4 hour session each week).
Saturdays, 9 am-1 pm. Starting date: Saturday October 13th – End date: Saturday December 15th (Please note there will be no class on Saturday 8th of December).
Where: Burnley Backyard (49 Tudor St, Richmond 3121)
The course will provide students with an introduction to working with tools (conventional tools, hand-held power tools, as well as some standalone power tools) and working with timber. It will include theory and practice and provide students with pathways into a range of training and employment options, as well as a great learning space for people who want to learn woodwork as a hobby.
What will you learn
- Recognise and name basic hand held tools and power tools
- Understand the safe and appropriate use of these tools, and how to maintain them
- How to mark and measure in a precise way
- About simple joinery techniques and assembly
- How to plan and draw a project
- About different finishing and sanding techniques
Full Price: $140, Concession $120
(ACFE Tuition Fee: $39, Amenities: $82/$102)
Interested in doing this course but can’t make these dates? Email us to get information on any new course dates 🙂
1 in stock