Working with Timber
A new pre-accredited Learn Local Course in 2018!
A 10-week course (4 hour session each week).
Saturdays, 9am-1pm. Starting date: 21/4/2018
Where: Burnley Backyard (49 Tudor St, Richmond 3121)
The course will provide students with an introduction to working with tools (conventional tools, hand-held power tools, as well as some standalone power tools) and working with timber. It will include theory and practice and provide students with pathways into a range of training and employment options, as well as a great learning space for people who want to learn woodwork as a hobby.
What will you learn
- Recognise and name basic hand held tools and power tools
- Understand the safe and appropriate use of these tools, and how to maintain them
- How to mark and measure in a precise way
- About simple joinery techniques and assembly
- How to plan and draw a project
- About different finishing and sanding techniques
Full Price: $110, Concession $90
(ACFE Tuition Fee: $43, Amenities: $47/$67)
Please call or email Oren if you have concession card and would like to book a place for the course.
4 in stock