Working with Timber (Term 4, 2021)
New projects, same old amazing course!
See details below for this fantastic pre-accredited Learn Local course. Places are limited.
A 10-week course (2.5 hours session each week).
Thursdays 5.30pm to 8pm, from 7th Oct – 9th Dec .
Where: Burnley Backyard (49 Tudor St, Richmond 3121)
The course will provide students with an introduction to working with tools (conventional tools, hand-held power tools, as well as some standalone power tools) and working with timber. It will include theory and practice and provide students with pathways into a range of training and employment options, as well as a great learning space for people who want to learn woodwork as a hobby.
What will you make (Photos to come)
A small planter box
* projects to be built from recycled and sustainably sourced timber
What will you learn
- Recognise and name basic hand held tools and power tools
- Understand the safe and appropriate use of these tools, and how to maintain them
- How to mark and measure in a precise way
- About simple joinery techniques and assembly
- How to plan and draw a project
- About different finishing and sanding techniques
Full Price: $165, Concession $145
(ACFE Tuition Fee: $26, Amenities: $139/119$ (concession))
Interested in doing this course but can’t make these dates? Course is sold out? Email us to get information on any new course dates.
4 in stock