Richmond Repair Corner
It’s Free and Local!
A free monthly program where volunteer fixers and helpers get together to repair things for others in the community on the last Sunday of every month from 10am to 12pm.
***UPCOMING SESSION – Sunday, 24th Sept – Burnley Backyard – 49 Tudor St, Richmond)***
Book Your Place For The Next Repair Corner – BOOKING FORM
Who we are: a group of local enthusiastic volunteers who care about the environment and want to share our skills with the community.
- Minimize waste to landfill by extending the life of belongings
- Strengthen local communities through face-to-face sharing of knowledge and skills about mending and repairing, often across age and demographics.
What we do: repair household goods, mend clothes, fix broken furniture, make new things from used materials, minimise waste, share skills and have a few cuppas together!
- Skilled volunteers help fix your broken items
- We announce in advance of each monthly session, which fixers are going to be on hand and what is their specialty.. Check our Facebook Page and register to the upcoming repair event to get all the updates, or send us an email for more information.
Bring Us: Your broken goods, and we shall try to fix them!
Some examples of the sorts of items that might be suitable for repair at our sessions include:
- Clothing and textiles with holes or rips, or that need darning, hemming or overlocking.
- Small electrical appliances, such as kettles, toasters, turntables, lamps, amps, sewing machines, vacuums, clock-radios, blenders, can be fixed, and tested.
- Bikes can be tuned or repaired
- Small furniture items can be repaired
- Shoes, bags and jackets can be restored
Volunteer with Us: You can help by joining the fixing team or in providing registration or general support during repair session, assisting with promotion, or helping with photography.
If you have fashion jewellery repair skills, photography know-how, ceramics repair skills or another repair specialty, and would like to volunteer, we’d love to hear from you!
We’re also looking for people who know how to make simple shopping bags from used fabric and can teach others to make them as well.
Use this Richmond Repair Corner Volunteer Form to get in touch with us.
Where & When:
Sessions are held on the last Sunday of every month from 10am to 12pm at either Burnley Backyard, 49 Tudor Street, Richmond or Studio 1 Community Hub (15 Barnet Way, Richmond).
Please send us an email in advance with details on what you are planning to bring in to get fixed (and a photo as well if possible!). Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post it on our event page on Facebook